Check out the new Mass17 Workstations and Equipment…
Applus designed and built the MASS17 workstations using industry leading, state-of the-art features with the following goals in mind:
- Increased reliability to reduce down time
- Ease of use for turn-key operation and efficiency
- Industry-leading training and real-time support
- New features enhance test integrity, speed and usability
- OBD scan tool meets California Bureau of Automotive Repair (BAR) certification standards, including requirements for durability and communication
- Option for wireless OBD scan tools and bar code scanners reduces the number of cords coming from the workstation
- Engine temperature and RPM are captured during the opacity test
- Larger computer monitor that displays all non-commercial vehicle safety items on single screen is standard
- Plug-and-play components make it easy to replace parts and stay up and running
- Improved, self-contained cart design, with locking storage compartment, keeps everything organized, secure and clean
- Flexible keyboard that is durable, washable and waterproof is standard on all workstations
- Spare critical cables are included with each workstation
- Digital signature capture for the vehicle inspection report (VIR) will be provided for FMCSA/DOT commercial inspections.
- VIR printer is networked using a Serial cable for increased reliability so print failures can be addressed before they happen, which means fewer inspection restarts.
Industry Leading Training and Real-time Support
- Applus manufactures, supports and services all of its own equipment for higher quality and faster, more knowledgeable service and support
- Stations and inspectors will now have access to their own personalized dashboard through their workstation OR any internet connected device.
- Real-time QA test analysis and test interruptions to ensure the highest quality inspection and video conferencing
- Staffing of 10 Motorist Assistance Centers (MACs) with two Registered Emissions Repair Technicians each to help inspection and repair professionals across Massachusetts
- Ability to interrupt inspections for two-way communication with MAC staff when unusual test results are encountered
- Enhanced training opportunities for repair technicians, including no-cost training to help them keep current with OBD systems
Video Technology for Improved Documentation and Support
- Hand-held cameras to correctly identify vehicles being inspected and document obvious safety defects
- Inspection process includes multiple cameras: 3 per workstation
- Inspector-initiated video conferencing during an inspection for technical support and program assistance
Improved Sticker Design
- Separate rolls of adhesive are eliminated, reducing cost and aggravation and saving time!
- Separate sticker and vehicle inspection report (VIR) printers: inspection stickers are a form-feed style so no more loose stickers to jam, get stuck together or get lost
- Stickers hand-delivered by Applus staff